Blueberry Breakfast Rolls
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 10 m servings 216 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast over the surface. Let sit until yeast becomes foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in 2 cups flour, eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter; mix until dough takes on the consistency of oatmeal. Add remaining flour. Knead with fists until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Turn oven to warm setting. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl; set inside oven. Warm until dough has doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Remove risen dough from oven; punch down dough with hands until deflated. Place back in oven; allow to rise until doubled again, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and punch down dough to deflate. Place on a lightly floured surface.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions. Roll out portions with the palm of your hand to flatten, shape into small rectangles. Place blueberries evenly in the center of each dough portion. Roll up dough and pinch the ends together; place rolls seam-side up into muffin cups. Sprinkle white sugar over roll tops. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully loosen the edges to remove the rolls from the muffin cups.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a thermometer or finger test to make sure that the water is the correct temperature.
Per Serving: 216 calories; 1.7 g fat; 43.3 g carbohydrates; 6.3 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 16 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1