Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chops with Fresh Mint Jelly
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 604
- Using the dull side of a knife, "chop" the rosemary sprigs to bruise them and release their fragrance. Season chops with pepper (no salt) and place in a resealable plastic bag along with the garlic, rosemary, and pomegranate juice. Seal bag; massage gently to distribute flavors. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Watch Now
- Place orange marmalade into a saucepan. Add vinegar and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and immediately remove from heat. Pour through a fine strainer to remove orange rind. Add pepper flakes. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. When cold, stir in mint (if jelly is still warm, mint will turn black) until combined. Watch Now
- Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Salt both sides of the lamb chops. Lightly drizzle with about 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil. Watch Now
- Lightly oil a grill and set at medium-high heat. Cook chops until browned and meat is medium rare, about 5 minutes on each side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Watch Now
- Serve with mint jelly. Watch Now
Per Serving: 604 calories; 28.5 59.6 30.5 116 322 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was so good! The mint jelly was fabulous. Husband doesn't like mint....I left it out of his portion....and he loved it without the mint. Keeper and one I will share!
Loved the fresh mint sauce instead of store-bought. The marinade for the lamb is also spot on. I made pork chops in the same marinade for my husband and he loved it.
We had this for Easter dinner--it was fabulous!!!! Full of flavor and the fresh mint jelly makes this a real keeper!!!