Ingredients5 h servings 519
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and spread in the baking pan.
- Roast potatoes in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 25 to 35 minutes. Let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble into smaller pieces.
- Combine 3/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, onion, sour cream, mayonnaise, and most of the chives in a large bowl. Stir in potatoes and crumbled bacon. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and chives.
- Refrigerate salad before serving, 4 hours to overnight.
Per Serving: 519 calories; 30.2 45 18.5 57 746 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
This is by far one of the better potato salads I have had. Most are just smothered in entirely too much mayo or mustard. This recipe had just enough mayo/sour cream mixture to lightly coat the p...
Teenage boys liked it a lot! Potato salad hating daughter not so much. Bet she would like it hot!
Roasting the diced potatoes really gives this potato salad a different flavor...a really good one! I enjoyed everything about this salad. My only complaint is that I made this about 3 hours befo...
I have always been very picky about potato salad due to my distaste for hard boiled eggs. I have seen a similar style one to this in the deli section of the supermarket and wanted to make my own...
Great recipe!!! I believe I will need to add a bit more of the sour cream/mayo mixture just before serving but upon tasting, it is fantastic!!! Followed recipe exactly!!!
So yum! I didn’t really make any changes aside from just adding a little bit of leftover bacon crumbles on the top. It was a big hit with friends and family! I’ll definitely make again.
My husband and I agree this is one of the tastiest potato salads we have had in a long time.
Didn't change anything, and it was delicious. However, after it rested in the fridge all day, it was a little dry and not as creamy as I hoped when I went to serve it. Like another reviewer s...