Easy Cheesy Mac And Cheese (With Optional Crunchy Topping)
Ingredients53 m servings 625 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer cooked macaroni to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Add 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, Alfredo sauce, and mustard; mix thoroughly until macaroni is evenly coated. Mix in remaining 2 cups cheese and drained tomatoes and green chiles. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use mild Rotel® for a nice kick, or original for a stronger kick.
- For a crunchy topping, use 1/2 cup crushed French's® French Fried Onions or 1 small bag crushed Doritos® instead of the bread crumbs.
Per Serving: 625 calories; 35.6 g fat; 51.4 g carbohydrates; 25.3 g protein; 81 mg cholesterol; 1103 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
It turned out on the dry side, but pretty tasty. I will use twice the sauce next time
My favorite macaroni and cheese recipe involves cream cheese, milk, cream, and a lot of extra steps and clean up. I was surprised how much this easier version tastes like my "go to" recipe! I le...