To Die For Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
"I couldn't find any recipes for chocolate peanut butter ice cream on this site, so I made one up. This is amazingly delicious--trust me on this. After tasting this, you'll have a difficult time justifying a store bought ice cream purchase. You can leave out the peanut butter and have heavenly double chocolate ice cream, yum! If you like your ice cream on the sweeter side, you can add an additional 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of sugar. Personally, I think the ice cream is sweet enough with 1/2 cup."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 356
Original recipe yields 10 servings (5 cups)
- Stir whole milk, heavy cream, sugar, and cocoa powder together in a saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring, until sugar and cocoa powder have dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl with an electric mixer until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Stir about 1/2 cup of cocoa mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Pour egg yolk mixture into cocoa mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes. Pour cocoa mixture into a bowl.
- Place chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave in 20 second intervals until warm, stirring until chocolate chips are melted. Stir chocolate chips and vanilla extract into cocoa mixture just until combined; refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Freeze chocolate mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Drop peanut butter by spoonfuls into ice cream; using a knife, fold peanut butter through ice cream to form ribbons of peanut butter throughout.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, All About Eggs: Grades, Safety, Nutrition & More. Making Your Eggs Safe http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Making-Your-Eggs-Safe/Detail.aspx
Per Serving: 356 calories; 26.3 27.2 9.3 119 123 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1