Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 171 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 waffles)
- Pierce a sweet potato with a fork and place in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Cool and measure out 3/4 cup sweet potato, reserving the rest for another use.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix sweet potato, eggs, melted butter, brown sugar, lime juice, vanilla extract, and grated lime zest together in a bowl. Pour sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture; stir until batter is smooth.
- Spoon batter into the waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Note:
- The sweet potato can be left chunky, if desired.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 6.5 g fat; 23.2 g carbohydrates; 5.1 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 279 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
1.14.17 Didn’t cook up as well as I hoped, little bit on the soggy side, maybe because of the moist sweet potato?? Don’t know, I followed the instructions to the letter, but I prefer a waffle ...