Gluten-Free Ricotta and Lemon Waffles
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
"I have been enjoying Moon Rabbit Foods® products and used their pancake and waffle mix to create this amazing breakfast. These gluten-free ricotta and lemon waffles are the perfect Sunday breakfast. I just love adding ricotta to my pancakes or waffles. You can make these gluten-free or use your favorite pancake mix to create these light and delicious waffles. The blueberry sauce makes these delicious waffles extra special!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 304
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 waffles with topping)
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Coat heated waffle iron with cooking spray or butter.
- Whisk milk, ricotta cheese, and egg together in a large bowl until smooth; stir in pancake mix, coconut oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix batter until well combined.
- Combine blueberries, sugar, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to low, allowing blueberry sauce to simmer.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on the center of the waffle iron and close. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Pour blueberry sauce over the waffle. Repeat with remaining batter and sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Vegetable oil can be substituted for the coconut oil.
- Frozen blueberries can be thawed and substituted for fresh blueberries.
- Agave can be substituted for the sugar.
- Set your timer when you make the first waffle. This will give you a good indication of how much time it takes for each waffle.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 6.7 57.3 5.2 34 255 Full nutrition