Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 234
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Place pumpkin in a blender. Cover and blend until pureed.
- Stir pureed pumpkin, beef, soup bones, and salt into the water; add beef broth, garlic, thyme, and ground black pepper. Cover the soup and simmer until until beef is nearly tender and cooked through, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Stir corn, carrots, potato, noodles, bitter melon, radish, Scotch bonnet chile pepper, and green onions into the soup; cook uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Pumpkin puree tends to boil over and get frothy. To avoid a mess reduce heat and stir until it settles. A small portion of pumpkin can be reserved and added with the last set of ingredients.
- You can use 1 tablespoon garlic powder instead of garlic cloves.
- Any variety of squash can be substituted for the bitter melon.
- Any variety of hot pepper can be substituted for the Scotch bonnet chile.
- Pumpkin beef noodles can be found in West Indian stores.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 7.8 24.8 17.9 40 1584 Full nutrition