Faux Smoked Pulled Pork (Carnitas)
Ingredients6 h 32 m servings 309 cals
- Mix brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, oregano, onion powder, mustard seed, black pepper, cumin, coriander, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Rub pork roast liberally with brown sugar mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add pork roast; cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork to a slow cooker. Add water, liquid smoke, and chipotle peppers.
- Cook on Low until pork is tender, about 6 hours. Transfer pork to a cutting board and pull apart with tongs.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 16.9 g fat; 16.8 g carbohydrates; 23.4 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 91 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
If you don't like spicy don't make this! Very easy to follow and my pork turned out great! I used a 3 to 4 pound pork roast. I had all the ingredients and mixed them all together. I then made su...