Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 395
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pie)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bottom pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan; made pricks along the bottom with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pie crust is lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract together in a bowl. Pour cherry mixture into the prepared pie pan; dot with butter. Cover with top crusts, crimp the edges to seal, and cut vents into the top with a sharp knife. Place the pie on a foil-covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. If it is browning too fast cover the pie with an aluminum foil tent. Continue baking until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 10 to 20 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 395 calories; 19.6 52.7 3.7 8 274 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was by far the best cherry pie I've ever made or eaten. I used sour cherries in a jar (2 jars) and followed the recipe. I had a hard time getting the lattice to brown so I turned on the br...