Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 424
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pie)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Press the bottom pie crust into a pie pan.
- Combine cherries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, and almond extract together in bowl. Refrigerate until cherry filling begins to set, about 10 minutes. Stir filling again; chill until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the bottom half of the pie crust; cover with top crust, crimp the edges to seal, and dot with butter. Cut vents into the top with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes; rotate the pie 1/4 of a turn. Continue baking until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you like a juicy pie, reduce tapioca to 2 tablespoons.
- For a beautifully brown crust, brush the top crust and edge with a whipped egg.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 18.3 63.1 3.9 4 253 Full nutrition