Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 196
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and espresso powder together in a bowl; beat in egg whites. Stir flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Mix flour mixture into egg mixture until batter is combined. Spread batter as thin as a slice of American cheese onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until batter is nearly cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven; cut a shallow square pattern into the batter with a sharp knife. Place back into the oven; bake until batter is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely; break into squares.
- Cook's Note:
- If you under-bake them, or spread them too thick, they will have a chewiness rather than crispness.
- Alternately, you can bake for 25 minutes; cool on baking sheet and break into pieces.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 9.9 27.2 2.3 24 138 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These were easy to make and tasty! I subbed the cocoa powder for dark chocolate and I added some dark chocolate chips during that last 5 minutes as well.
This recipe is my new favorite dessert recipe! The batter was really hard to avoid finishing it off before even putting it in the oven (even with the raw eggs) and it is so simple and easy to m...