Momma Alice's Cold Peach Souffle
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 3 m servings 318 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Pour reserved peach syrup into a measuring cup. Add enough cold water to make 1 cup. Pour into the top of a double boiler. Sprinkle in gelatin; let stand, about 5 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup cold water together in a bowl. Stir into gelatin mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, over simmering water, until gelatin dissolves and sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir lemon juice, almond extract, and salt into the sauce. Refrigerate until cooled.
- Place drained peaches in a blender; blend until smooth. Stir into the gelatin mixture and refrigerate until mixture mounds up slightly.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold into peach mixture.
- Beat heavy cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with a chilled whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold into peach mixture. Pour into a large dish and chill until set, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- I highly recommend chilling the bowl you will whisk the egg whites and heavy cream in, as well as chilling the whisk you will use.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 24.5 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 175 mg cholesterol; 98 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1