Chewy Watermelon Rind Candy
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 381 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Cut watermelon rind into 2-inch long, 1-inch wide, and 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Combine water, sugar, spearmint, and basil in a large pot. Bring to a rolling boil. Strain out spearmint and basil. Add watermelon rind, making sure pieces are completely immersed. Cook until rind is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Drain watermelon pieces and arrange in a single layer on dehydrator trays. Dry according to manufacturer's instructions until pieces are candied and dried, 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Stevia, xylitol, dextrose, and other sugar substitutes may be used for this recipe.
- If you are using dried mint, reduce the amount used to 2 tablespoons.
- We have replaced the mint or basil with tea blends to give the syrup and final candy different flavor twists. Green tea with mint was delicious!
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sugar. The actual amount of sugar consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 1.7 g fat; 94.1 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 11 mg sodium. Full nutrition