Vegetarian Potato and Squash Casserole
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 73
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the baking pan with a layer of potato slices; season with salt and pepper. Place squash slices on top of the potatoes; repeat seasoning. Lay tomato slices on top of the squash; repeat seasoning. Continue layering the vegetables in this pattern, seasoning each casserole layer. Scatter onion over the casserole; dot with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are soft, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to slice the onions thinner than 1/2-inch thick, but that is really just preference.
- Larger squash should be sliced slightly thinner than smaller squash due to larger squash's toughness.
- You may want to slice the largest rounds of potatoes in half because you want the potatoes to be cut approximately the same size.
Per Serving: 73 calories; 2.3 12.5 2.4 5 34 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Nice recipe and easy. I used my food processor attachment to slice the onions, squash (I used zucchini), and potatoes so they were thinner than the tomato slices. I also added 3/4 tablespoon o...
I know this is a vegetarian dish, but DH doesn't do vegetarian so I browned a pound of ground turkey and layered it in with the other ingredients. Also added dried oregano with the salt and pep...
This was a great recipe. My wife and I really enjoyed it. I made a couple of changes. I added fresh sweet banana pepper rings from my garden and I added a sprinkling of parmesan cheese betwee...
It was great! The tastiest meal I served on Christmas. It was so easy to make! I added cheese on top and still defiantly make again
Really good quick recipe, that can be tweaked to suit the veggies you have in the house and your taste. Some adjustments I made: - I replaced the summer squash with butternut, which I peeled and...