Vegetarian Potato and Squash Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 73
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the baking pan with a layer of potato slices; season with salt and pepper. Place squash slices on top of the potatoes; repeat seasoning. Lay tomato slices on top of the squash; repeat seasoning. Continue layering the vegetables in this pattern, seasoning each casserole layer. Scatter onion over the casserole; dot with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are soft, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to slice the onions thinner than 1/2-inch thick, but that is really just preference.
- Larger squash should be sliced slightly thinner than smaller squash due to larger squash's toughness.
- You may want to slice the largest rounds of potatoes in half because you want the potatoes to be cut approximately the same size.
Per Serving: 73 calories; 2.3 12.5 2.4 5 34 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was a great recipe. My wife and I really enjoyed it. I made a couple of changes. I added fresh sweet banana pepper rings from my garden and I added a sprinkling of parmesan cheese betwee...