Pasta Salad in a Jar
Ingredients40 m servings 719 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini in the boiling water until they float to the top, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain water. Place in the refrigerator to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Layer pesto, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, tortellini, and mache into the canning jar; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Romaine lettuce can be substituted for the mache.
- The tortellini can be made ahead of time.
- Ideally the heartier and heavier ingredients are layered on the bottom and the more delicate lighter ingredients are on the top.
Per Serving: 719 calories; 39.1 g fat; 66.6 g carbohydrates; 29.2 g protein; 76 mg cholesterol; 1027 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Fantastic. There are so many healthy salads to make this way by simply changing the make up of the veggies. The greens stay crisp and the taste of all is sharp as if you had just made it t home ...