Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 320 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine chile peppers, lime juice, and garlic in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup orange juice and molasses; stir until marinade is combined.
- Shred the prickly pears in a food processor; mix into marinade.
- Place chicken legs, chicken thighs, potatoes, turnips, and mushrooms in a baking pan; pour in marinade and remaining orange juice. Refrigerate until flavors combine, 1 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- This is an older recipe I first used, modify to your own taste. I use different peppers now to make it hotter.
- Most likely your prickly pears will still have the prickers on them. Easiest way to remove them is wash and scrub them carefully like you would to get the dirt off a potato.
- A cheese grater can be used instead of a food processor.
Per Serving: 320 calories; 10.8 g fat; 22.9 g carbohydrates; 32.7 g protein; 107 mg cholesterol; 118 mg sodium. Full nutrition