Lemon Lavender Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 329 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)) generously.
- Measure 5 tablespoons milk into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until warmed through, 30 to 45 seconds. Add lavender buds. Let steep to release their flavor, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk white sugar and butter together in a large bowl until creamy. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add 1/2 cup lemon juice and lemon zest; mix until well-blended. Stir milk and lavender buds into the batter.
- Sift cake flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Slowly fold into the batter, stirring well to prevent lumps. Pour into the greased tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk remaining 5 tablespoons milk, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and confectioners' sugar together in a small bowl to make glaze; drizzle over the cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 329 calories; 10 g fat; 56.3 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 90 mg cholesterol; 127 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question