Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients56 m servings 55
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 halibut cakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Fill a large pot with water and lemon-lime soda; bring to a boil. Add halibut chunks, a few at a time, and cook until they float to the top, 30 to 45 seconds. Transfer to a colander to drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, zucchini, carrot, celery, and garlic; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle seasoned salt on top.
- Flake halibut chunks into a large bowl. Stir in onion mixture, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, parsley, and cayenne pepper.
- Scoop halibut mixture onto greased baking sheet with a cookie scoop; flatten into cakes.
- Bake halibut cakes in the preheated oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- To pan-fry: Spray a skillet with cooking spray or a little butter or oil. Pan-fry in batches over medium heat until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- To freeze for later: Place cakes on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Freeze until firm then transfer from the baking sheet to a container or resealable plastic bag. Thaw before baking or pan-frying.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of lemon-lime soda. The actual amount of lemon-lime soda consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 55 calories; 2.5 4.2 3.8 13 93 Full nutrition