Halibut Cakes (Croquettes)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients43 m servings 358 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 halibut cakes)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add halibut fillets; season with salt and pepper. Cook until flesh flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Flake into small chunks.
- Mix Italian cheese blend, egg, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dry mustard, and seafood seasoning together in a large bowl. Gently mix in flaked halibut.
- Pour 3/4 cup bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Shape halibut mixture into 6 cakes and dip both sides in bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add halibut cakes and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use your favorite type of grated cheese.
- If mixture appears dry in step 2, add more mayonnaise.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 24.8 g fat; 14.1 g carbohydrates; 23.3 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 482 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Fantastic way to use leftover halibut. Only change I made was to use celery instead of onion, because onion doesn’t agree with me. Yummy and I’ll definitely make it again! Thank you for sharing...