Ingredients43 m servings 358
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add halibut fillets; season with salt and pepper. Cook until flesh flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Flake into small chunks.
- Mix Italian cheese blend, egg, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dry mustard, and seafood seasoning together in a large bowl. Gently mix in flaked halibut.
- Pour 3/4 cup bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Shape halibut mixture into 6 cakes and dip both sides in bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add halibut cakes and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use your favorite type of grated cheese.
- If mixture appears dry in step 2, add more mayonnaise.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 24.8 14.1 23.3 73 482 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
9-20-2018 ~The fortuitous events of Hubs (who doesn’t like halibut) being in Canada and my having more halibut the other night than I could eat in one sitting led me to this recipe. What a winne...
I made it with leftover grilled halibut, so it was very fast and easy. And very flavorful.
Yes. I added celery and a pinch of Cayenne. I made 6 patties- nope not next time- I’ll make 10! They are very good, they just fell apart when I fried them so I’m thinking they were too big. Awes...
Made it as is. Didn't have Old Bay Spice so used Roasted red pepper seasoning.
Fantastic way to use leftover halibut. Only change I made was to use celery instead of onion, because onion doesn’t agree with me. Yummy and I’ll definitely make it again! Thank you for sharing...