Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 1646
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini slices; cook until centers appear transparent, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ham; cook and stir until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to high and pour honey over ham. Cook and stir until ham is crisp and honey browns, about 5 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce into a deep baking dish. Cover with half the zucchini slices. Season with salt and pepper. Layer tomato slices, crisp ham, goat cheese, 1/2 teaspoon basil, and 1/2 teaspoon oregano on top. Cover with remaining zucchini slices. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, remaining 1/2 teaspoon basil, and 1/2 teaspoon oregano on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Try switching out the diced raw ham with diced bacon (low-fat if possible) or pastrami. For a meaty crust, set some ham aside before you cook it with honey. Sprinkle reserved ham over the cheese before baking.
- Season with herbes de Provence if desired.
Per Serving: 1646 calories; 108.6 57.9 113.6 306 5090 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great recipe! My husband is a 'meat and potatoes' kind of guy, and he loved this! I did follow other reviewers' advice, and just gave a (generous) sprinkle of Parmesan on the top.