Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 29 m servings 335
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, 1 cup cold water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat together until batter is smooth. Spread the batter into the 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 34 to 38 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Press down on hot cake with a piece of waxed paper or clean towel to flatten. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Beat confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth; blend in whipped topping. Spread mixture evenly across the cake.
- Stir boiling water and gelatin together in a bowl until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes; add 1 cup cold water. Pour over the cream cheese mixture. Let the gelatin sit until it begins to set, 5 to 7 minutes. Spread sliced strawberries on top.
- Refrigerate until gelatin is completely set, about 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use your own recipe for a 9x13-inch yellow cake instead of the boxed mix, if desired.
- Frozen strawberries can be substituted for fresh.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the cake are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 16.9 42.4 4.4 39 258 Full nutrition