Melanzane Ripiene con Capperi e Olive (Stuffed Eggplant with Capers and Olives)
"The stuffed eggplant is a classic from the Puglia region and throughout the south of Italy. When summer comes and I find small seedless eggplants, I prepare them very often. I add olives and capers to the filling; they blend very well with the flavor of eggplant. These taste even better if prepared in advance, even the day before."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 371 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange eggplant halves cut-side up in a baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes. Cool until easily handled, 5 to 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Scoop pulp out of the eggplants using a spoon, leaving skins intact. Chop pulp coarsely and transfer to a bowl. Mix in eggs, Parmesan cheese, capers, and olives. Add 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stuff eggplant skins with mixture.
- Spread half of the remaining tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange stuffed eggplants on top. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over each eggplant.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is golden brown and tomato sauce is bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 371 calories; 10.7 g fat; 58.2 g carbohydrates; 22.1 g protein; 111 mg cholesterol; 1757 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1