Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 40 m servings 289
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 quart)
- Combine avocado and 1/4 cup half-and-half in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl, ideally one with a spout. Squeeze lemon juice over avocado mixture and stir.
- Pour remaining half-and-half in the blender and shake it around to pick up any remaining avocado mixture; pour into the avocado mixture in the bowl. Add condensed milk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour avocado mixture into ice cream maker and process for 25 to 30 minutes. Turn off machine and pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart freezer-safe container; place in the freezer until ice cream is set and has increased in size, at least 3 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Lime juice can be used in place of the lemon, if desired. Light whipping cream can be used in place of the half-and-half.
- If using an ice cream maker with an open top such a Cuisinart®, put a towel over the top while it is mixing to hold the cold air in.
- I have not tried this, but I heard that if the ingredients are cold before going into the machine, they will become ice cream faster, so you could try putting the mixing bowl in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- If your ice cream is not firm enough after three hours, overnight in the freezer will do the trick.
Per Serving: 289 calories; 12.8 38.7 6.7 37 101 Full nutrition