Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients52 m servings 440
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Place onions to the skillet; cook and stir until the onions are soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Pour the mushroom mixture into a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the skillet; cook until the chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 7 to 10 minutes per side. Stir the mushroom mixture in with the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomato juice begins to simmer, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in table cream; simmer until flavors are combined, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Canned mushrooms can be substituted for fresh mushrooms.
- Table cream can usually found by the evaporated milk at the supermarket. If you can't find it you can also use heavy cream but beat it until you get a harder consistency.
- You can flambe the chicken with cognac which gives it a nice taste, I never have cognac so I don't.
- Shredding the chicken after cooking it can be substituted for slicing it.
Per Serving: 440 calories; 28.7 14.4 28.4 73 366 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is a great simple to make dish. I had no idea that so few ingredients can make such a delicious meal. I used sour cream.
I used sour cream and added a teaspoon of cayenne and it turned out great!