Ingredients1 h servings 143
- Mix crushed garlic and salt together in a bowl until combined into a paste.
- Rub garlic paste onto meat until covered. Place into a bowl; cover with lemon juice. Marinate until the meat has absorbed desired flavor, 30 minutes to 4 hours. Remove meat from the lemon juice. Baste with olive oil.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook meat on the preheated grill, turning frequently until the outer edges are charred and center is uncooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; slice off charred edges, cutting against the grain. Return the uncooked center portion of the meat back to the grill. Cook until the meat begins to firm and is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- If you choose to cook a second pound of sirloin, add another clove of garlic and 1 more teaspoon of kosher salt.
- The removing, slicing, and returning of the meat to the grill will approximate the cooking method of picanha from a Brazilian churrascaria.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 143 calories; 7.9 1.6 15.9 39 417 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very good recipe! Simple ingredients and easy to make. Doubled the recipe since I had 2 lbs of top sirloin steaks (about 1 ½” - 2” thick) and didn’t catch the author’s note to only add 1 extra c...
I liked this steak. It did remind me of steak I had eaten at a Brazilian restaurant. The meat stands out because it does not require a bunch of spices to make it. The marinade time is pretty qui...