Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 932 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, butter, and rum in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange bananas cut-side down in the baking dish. Pour enough sauce over bananas to cover, reserving any extra sauce for serving.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bananas are soft and sticky, about 30 minutes.
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in another saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Combine black beans and diced tomatoes in a skillet over low heat; heat until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage links; cook, flipping often, until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Slice sausage into small pieces.
- Scoop rice into a large bowl. Pour black beans on top. Sprinkle dill and basil on top. Add sausage; mix gently to combine. Serve bananas alongside.
- Cook's Notes:
- Reserve extra sauce for serving alongside the dish.
- Use fresh tomatoes for even better flavor.
- Halfway through cooking the rice, start warming the beans and cooking the sausage so you can plate and serve everything together.
Per Serving: 932 calories; 15.3 g fat; 178 g carbohydrates; 24.3 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 1016 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1