Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 44 m servings 651
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 6-quart dish)
- Bring water and 1/4 cup sugar in a saucepan to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons matcha. Add 1/2 cup plum liqueur. Let matcha syrup steep and cool.
- Fill another saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to bring water down to a simmer.
- Place egg yolks and 2/3 cup sugar in a large bowl. Set bowl over simmering water and whisk constantly until the mixture is pale yellow and thick ribbons fall from the whisk, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in mascarpone cheese until smooth and creamy. Mix in 2 1/4 teaspoons matcha.
- Whip heavy cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Whisk in 2 tablespoons plum liqueur and vanilla extract. Fold in mascarpone mixture until blended and smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a clean glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff, sharp peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the mascarpone cream. Repeat twice more, folding gently until egg whites are incorporated.
- Dip ladyfingers in matcha syrup one at a time until just soaked. Arrange a layer of ladyfingers on the bottom of a 6-quart container. Spread 1/2 of the mascarpone cream on top. Repeat with remaining soaked ladyfingers and mascarpone cream.
- Cover tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors combine, at least 4 hours.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 651 calories; 32.3 66.4 12.4 309 151 Full nutrition