Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 262 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a Dutch oven or baking dish.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until slightly tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove cauliflower and cool until easily handled. Break cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Layer cauliflower, onion, mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and Gouda cheese in the Dutch oven; season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Pour milk over cheese layer. Cover Dutch oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove cover and stir mixture. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top. Continue baking until top is browned, 20 to 30 minutes more. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Fontina cheese can be used in place of the gouda cheese, if desired.
- By using grated cheese instead of creating a cheese sauce, you get thick strings of gooey cheese as you eat (sort of like pizza). Some of the cheese will become sauce with the milk. If you like more of a sauce, double the milk or cream and stir every 20 minutes.
- Cream can be used in place of the milk, if desired.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 14.2 g fat; 16.8 g carbohydrates; 17.6 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 479 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
TEN STARS! I could have eaten half of this in one sitting. I accidentally forgot the milk so I didn't do the bread crumbs. It was gooey, cheesy, delicious cauliflower. I used two bags of frozen...
Based on one of the previous reviews, I did not add milk (which adds carbs). I used only aged cheddar and included some diced leftover ham. My husband thought it was great. I will definitely m...
Made as written and this turned out pretty good. I actually preferred the cauliflower over a noodle. It did get a little watery on me so next time I will make sure and squeeze the excess moistur...
Only reason I'm giving 2 stars is the milk. I WISH I would have forgotten like the other review. Soooo, watery. Cut back or just cut out. Or just make the cheese sauce separate and pour over coo...