Paleo Chicken Marsala
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients29 m servings 357 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings (5 4-ounce servings of chicken)
- Place chicken cutlets between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the meat with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a 1/4-inch thickness. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Place chicken cutlets into the skillet; cook until both sides are golden brown, about 5 minutes for each side.
- Lower the heat to medium; add olive oil to the skillet if needed. Place prosciutto and shallots into the skillet; cook and stir until warmed, about 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour wine into skillet; simmer until flavors combine, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock; simmer and stir until the sauce reduces slightly, about 1 minute.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of butter into the skillet. Return chicken to the pan; simmer until chicken is heated through, about 1 minute. Garnish with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Bella mushrooms can be substituted for cremini mushrooms.
- Do not crowd the pan. Remove the chicken to a large platter to keep warm while cooking the rest of the cutlets.
- I sauteed the chicken in advance (just to brown) and put it in a baking dish then covered and refrigerated. When ready to get dinner going, I sautéed the rest of the ingredients, poured over the chicken in the baking dish and baked at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 20.5 g fat; 5.8 g carbohydrates; 28.9 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 811 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1