Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 498
Original recipe yields 13 servings (26 pieces)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and Italian sausage; cook and stir until browned, about 8 minutes. Drain excess grease. Let cool slightly.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook manicotti shells in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Mix cooled beef and sausage, cottage cheese, 1 jar pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese together in a large bowl. Stuff shells generously with mixture.
- Arrange stuffed shells on a baking sheet and freeze until firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Cut each shell into 2 or 3 lasagna pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place flour in a bowl. Beat eggs in another bowl. Pour bread crumbs onto a shallow plate.
- Dredge stuffed lasagna pieces in flour. Dip in beaten eggs. Roll in bread crumbs until coated.
- Fry 4 breaded lasagna pieces at a time in the hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Pour remaining jar of pizza sauce into a bowl for dipping.
- Cook's Note:
- Use plain or Italian-seasoned bread crumbs as desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 498 calories; 25.1 37.7 28.8 97 1141 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
There should be a law against these! They are downright sinful! These are a bit of time and fuss but SO worth it in the end. The only bad thing I have to say about the recipe is that you end up ...