Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 237 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Place 1 vanilla wafer flat-side down in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Blend vanilla cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in mashed bananas and 1 cup crushed wafers. Scoop batter into prepared tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Combine vanilla pudding and sliced banana in a small bowl.
- Scoop out tops of cooled cupcakes, leaving a small hole in the middle of each. Fill holes with pudding mixture. Place a heaping spoonful of whipped cream on each cupcake; garnish with remaining 2/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cupcakes are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 9.8 g fat; 35.4 g carbohydrates; 3.1 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 226 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is a great recipe that tastes very similar to a traditional southern style banana pudding in cupcake form. The recipe I used for the frosting is as follows: 1-8 ounce package of softened cr...