Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 198 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a deep baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
- Mix eggs and vanilla extract together in a large bowl; mash bananas into egg mixture until well mixed.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Mix chocolate mixture into the banana mixture; add flour mixture and stir until smooth. Pour mixture into the greased baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is dry and edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 60 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you are using more than 3 bananas, add 1 egg to the recipe.
- This recipe rises like mad to make thick, fluffy brownies so use a deep baking dish to avoid a mess in the oven. As an alternative, you could reduce the amount of baking powder but this recipe does yield nice moist brownies.
- Keep an eye on the oven as all cook times vary.
Per Serving: 198 calories; 9.6 g fat; 28.6 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 85 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
1.18.17 If you’re wondering what size dish to use as I was, I used a 9”x13” dish, and my brownies baked up to about 1-1/2” high. Sorry, a “deep baking pan” easily could have been clarified to...
Very good cake, not brownies. I made in a smaller pan and then in a bigger pan, both were good. Smaller pan was done at 45 minutes. Used about 1/3 c splenda mix for baking instead of full amt su...
Super yummy! I used 5 smaller bananas and added extra egg. only took 55 minutes to bake. fluffier than regular brownie, but moist. I also added 1/2 cup chopped pecans to batter and sprinkled lar...