Banana Brownie Muffins
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"After a boxed brownie mix languished in my cupboard for some time, I decided to turn it into something I knew my tennis-playing son would eat. This recipe arose from comparing a brownie recipe with a muffin recipe, and adding the differences to the mix. To finish, I simply sprinkled powdered sugar over the tops, but I'm sure other toppings would be great as well."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 164
Original recipe yields 22 servings (22 small muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk buttermilk, bananas, and eggs together in a bowl; gradually stir in coconut oil.
- Combine brownie mix, oats, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in buttermilk mixture. Stir together until batter is just moistened.
- Divide batter among muffin liners, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pan, 10 to 15 minutes. Move to a rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If batter seems too thin, gradually add in up to 1/4 cup more flour.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chopped nuts or dried fruit into batter if desired.
- Substitute milk for the buttermilk if preferred. Replace coconut oil with butter if preferred.
Per Serving: 164 calories; 7.3 23.8 2.7 17 115 Full nutrition