Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 1144 cals
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 ice cream bars)
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Remove the lid from ice cream container. Working quickly, cut the container off the ice cream and turn ice cream on its side on a work surface. Insert craft sticks into the side of the ice cream, evenly spacing them. Cut the ice cream between the sticks, creating 3 bars.
- Arrange ice cream bars in the prepared baking sheet; freeze until completely solid, 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave in 30-second intervals, mixing well each time, until chocolate hard shell mixture is smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Hold 1 ice cream bar over a separate measuring cup and pour chocolate hard shell mixture over bar to cover completely. Let chocolate dry for a few seconds and pour chocolate hard shell mixture over bar again, creating a thick shell. Place bar back in the waxed paper. Repeat with remaining bars and chocolate hard shell mixture.
- Freeze bars until set, at least 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The Instant Chocolate Hard Shell recipe is from Allrecipes.com.
- Any flavor of ice cream can be used.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of chocolate hard shell. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 1144 calories; 91.7 g fat; 95.5 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 79 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious. I made mine with white chocolate chips and added Heath Toffee bits to the mixture before dunking frozen ice cream in it. I took a quart of ice cream and put it in disposable cups, whi...