Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 108
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring 3 cups of broth to a boil, add 1/2 cup of sorghum and allow to boil gently for approximately 20-25 minutes (liquid will remain, that's fine).
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan with lid over medium to medium/high heat. Add olive oil and saute garlic, onion, salt and pepper until the onion softens (approximately 6-8 minutes).
- Add kale and sriracha, cook until wilted (about 4 minutes).
- Take 1/2 cup of white beans and either blend in a blender/small food processor or mash well with the back of a spoon or fork.
- Add blended beans, remaining whole beans, canned tomatoes, sorghum/broth mixture and additional 4 cups low sodium chicken broth to kale mixture.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Top with grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese (approximately 1 teaspoon per bowl) and serve.
- Adjust the spice level to suit your taste by increasing or decreasing the Sriracha or hot sauce!
- Developed by: Lauren Harris-Pincus, MS, RN; www.NutritionStarringYOU.com
Per Serving: 108 calories; 2.8 15.3 5.7 5 271 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used Israeli couscous because I couldn't find sorghum when I wanted to make this. I am not s fan of kale but thought in the soup I wouldn't really taste it. This was awesome! Easy to make. ...