Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 25 m servings 247 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Brush an 8-inch springform tin very lightly with vegetable oil. Line the bottom with a round of waxed paper.
- Combine heavy cream and 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment; whip until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Place 8 ounces strawberries in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Fold puree into cream. Fold in crushed meringue cookies and raspberry liqueur. Pour into the prepared tin and cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze semifreddo until firm, 6 hours to overnight.
- Place 8 ounces strawberries in the blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Press through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Stir 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and lemon juice into the puree until sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon strawberry puree onto serving plates. Cut semifreddo into slices and place onto the plates. Garnish with remaining strawberries.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute brandy for the lemon juice if preferred.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 11.8 g fat; 32.2 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 25 mg sodium. Full nutrition