Raspberry and Pistachio Semifreddo
made it | 0 reviews |
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
"I love this dessert because it is super easy to prepare! I serve this in the summer at our lake house and everyone gets so excited. I remember the first time I made it our friends the Zacharys were over for dinner and their eyes opened so wide when I walked out with this dessert. All I can say is that the semifreddo platter and everyone's plates were empty. Give this recipe a try if you want to impress your friends. It's gluten-free. Serve garnished with extra raspberries or puree some of the raspberries with a teaspoon of honey and drizzle on top."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 5 m servings 262 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine egg yolks with 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey in the large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; beat until volume doubles and mixture is pale and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Gently fold cream into egg yolk mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides. Pour mixture into the pan, smoothing the top. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze until semifreddo is chilled, about 1 1/2 hour. Remove from freezer and stir in raspberries and pistachio nuts. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Let semifreddo soften in the refrigerator before serving, about 15 minutes. Turn out of the pan and cut into slices.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 20.8 g fat; 16.6 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 259 mg cholesterol; 38 mg sodium. Full nutrition