Raspberry and Pistachio Semifreddo
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
Ingredients6 h 5 m servings 262
- Combine egg yolks with 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey in the large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; beat until volume doubles and mixture is pale and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Gently fold cream into egg yolk mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides. Pour mixture into the pan, smoothing the top. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze until semifreddo is chilled, about 1 1/2 hour. Remove from freezer and stir in raspberries and pistachio nuts. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Let semifreddo soften in the refrigerator before serving, about 15 minutes. Turn out of the pan and cut into slices.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 20.8 16.6 4.5 259 38 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Yes! We had an interesting dinner, all bacon in everything... so for the Semifreddo we followed the recipe to the letter up to adding extra ingredients. In place of the raspberries I added 1/2 c...
Confession time - we ate it as a pudding after the first round of freezing and the raspberries and the pistachios were folded in. It was so delicious we couldn't wait! Can't wait to try it agai...
I will make it again. Simply delish and SO easy. Love make ahead meals :-)
This was amazing. I am trying to kick sugar to the curb so I made this with honey on hand, and it came out great. Some of my guests were tempted to lick their plates! Following this recipe to t...