Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 507
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 3-inch deep cast iron skillet.
- Heat refried beans in a small pot until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Stir in pepper, paprika, and salt. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and onion; cook and stir until soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Combine ground beef and chorizo in the skillet; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Carefully drain excess grease. Stir in chipotle peppers with sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon cumin. Simmer until flavors combine, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 1 tortilla in the bottom of the prepared skillet. Layer some of the refried beans, bell pepper mixture, ground beef mixture, 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese, and 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese on top. Repeat layers twice more, ending with remaining Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese starts to brown, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing, 2 to 5 minutes. Garnish with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use two 12-inch tortillas instead of three 10-inch tortillas if desired. You may have to cut the edges to fit them into the skillet; just overlap the cut pieces.
- Substitute queso blanco for the Monterey Jack cheese if desired.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 31.8 29.3 25.7 81 1079 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1