Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 27 m servings 489
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 4-ounce servings)
- Mix shallots, soy sauce, sake, hot pepper sauce, cilantro, and ginger together in a bowl; let sit, about 2 hours.
- Mix 1 cup rice flour, seltzer water, and egg yolk together in a bowl.
- Split shrimp down the center, cutting almost but not completely through, and open flat. Pat with paper towel to dry; dust with 1/2 cup rice flour. Dip shrimp in batter until thoroughly covered.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cook shrimp in small batches in oil until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove shrimp from oil and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serves dipping sauce alongside the shrimp.
- Cook's Notes:
- I use my Fry Daddy® to cook the shrimp, but you can also use a skillet.
- Do not try to cook too many shrimp at one time. Only cook as many as will fit in the pan without overlapping.
- The batter can also be used to fry fresh veggies!
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 489 calories; 14 57.8 27.5 224 3812 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1