Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients36 m servings 94
Original recipe yields 48 servings (6 cups)
- Place garlic cloves in a saucepan. Pour in oil to barely cover garlic. Heat over medium heat until oil bubbles. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes, until garlic turns light brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and strain out garlic; let infused oil cool to room temperature.
- Place cumin seeds in a small skillet over low heat. Toast until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a spice grinder and grind into a powder.
- Drain garbanzo beans into a bowl, reserving 2 to 3 tablespoons soaking liquid.
- Combine 1/4 garlic cloves, cumin powder, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor; blend, thinning with reserved soaking liquid and 1 to 3 tablespoons garlic oil, until hummus is smooth.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Add roasted red peppers for a variation. Add ground cayenne if you desire a spicy hummus.
- Use extra garlic and garlic-infused oil for use in pasta, bruschetta, etc.
- Use less liquid in the recipe to make a great spread for wraps and crostini.
Per Serving: 94 calories; 6.7 7.4 1.9 0 145 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1