Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 708 cals
Original recipe yields 3 servings (6 stuffed blossoms)
- Chop 2 zucchini blossoms finely. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir tofu, feta cheese, olives, garlic, thyme, oregano, and seasoned salt into the bowl. Pour filling into a food processor; pulse until very crumbly. Increase speed blend until smooth and golden, about 3 minutes.
- Pipe filling into remaining 6 blossoms using a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Twist blossom ends carefully to seal in filling. Arrange on a plate; transfer to the freezer.
- Mix whole wheat flour and egg substitute together in a bowl until batter is the consistency of pudding.
- Spread bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip a stuffed blossom in batter and roll in bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining blossoms.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook blossoms until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Use seasoned or plain bread crumbs.
- Use other fresh herbs instead of thyme and oregano if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 708 calories; 16.6 g fat; 102.9 g carbohydrates; 39.4 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 1080 mg sodium. Full nutrition