Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients17 m servings 243 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings (10 stuffed blossoms)
- Mix mozzarella cheese and Parmesan-Reggiano cheese together in a bowl until smooth. Stuff 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each zucchini blossom and pinch the ends closed.
- Mix rice flour, eggs, milk, sparkling water, sweet rice flour, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Place stuffed blossoms in flour mixture; toss gently until covered.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Fry blossoms in oil until crisp and pale golden brown, about 2 minutes. Rest blossoms on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Cook's Notes:
- To avoid tearing, be gentle while stuffing the delicate flowers.
- Ricotta cheese can be substituted for mozzarella.
- This version doesn't use baking powder but you can add a teaspoon to puff the batter like a tempura.
- There are many variations of this antipasto. Some add a piece of anchovy or even sun dried tomatoes. Use your imagination!
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 243 calories; 11.5 g fat; 23.6 g carbohydrates; 13.2 g protein; 84 mg cholesterol; 270 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1