Mine Craft Creeper Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
"A must for any Minecraft-Fan! The notorious Minecraft Creeper might be the most dangerous enemy in the game, but it's more than welcome when it comes in the form of a chocolate cake! Prepare the chocolate cake according to your favorite recipe."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 360 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9-inch square pan.
- Stir sugar, 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until batter is smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup boiling water. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Cut marzipan into 3 equal pieces. Add varying amounts of green food coloring to each piece to get different shades of green. Knead each piece separately to incorporate food coloring evenly.
- Dust a flat work surface with 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar. Roll out each piece of marzipan into a thin rectangle. Cut into equal-sized squares.
- Combine 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a shallow dish; stir, adding more water if needed, until mixture is the consistency of cream.
- Dip the back of a marzipan square in the confectioners' sugar mixture and place on the outer edge of the cake. Arrange remaining squares, alternating the 3 shades of green, randomly over the cake from the outer edges to the center. Leave 3 squares of chocolate cake exposed in the center for the Creeper's eyes and mouth. Cut into marzipan on either side of the mouth to create its characteristic shape.
Per Serving: 360 calories; 12.9 g fat; 59.7 g carbohydrates; 5.3 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 329 mg sodium. Full nutrition