- Whisk together eggs and cheese until creamy. Fold in spinach and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in an oven-proof skillet. Saute leek, carrot, and cayenne peppers until the leek is translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add chickpeas and tomatoes. Saute until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Add egg mixture to the skillet and cover.
- Cook the mixture undisturbed until the edges of the frittata have firmed and slightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Replace the cover but watch every so often until the whole frittata has firmed except the very middle. Take care to keep the heat source on medium-low to avoid burning bottom of frittata.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place the frittata under the broiler to firm and brown the top, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving. Top with red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with an ice cold glass of milk!
- Cook's Notes:
- Pair with a glass of chilled, organic whole milk.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 11 12.4 10.1 189 251 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Used green onions instead of spinach (none on hand) and added some bacon fat in place of oil, was great and easy
Holy smokes this is good!!! I knew reading the ingredients that I would like this, but I was blown away by the flavor once I got to dig in! The chick peas are not something I had ever put into a...