Ingredients1 h servings 110
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add Italian sausage and mushrooms; cook until meat is browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Place drained sausage mixture in a large mixing bowl along with tomato paste, tomato sauce, crushed red peppers, oregano, rosemary, black pepper, and thyme. Mix until well combined.
- Fill each pepper half with mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pair with a glass of chilled, organic whole milk.
- For a main meal, the meat mixture will fill 4 regular sized peppers. Additionally, the meat mixture freezes well.
Per Serving: 110 calories; 7.6 5.6 5.1 12 364 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
Really great stuffing for the pepper. Next time I'm throwing it in rice and stuffing a bell pepper. Only change to ingredients was that I swapped out 1/3 of the mild sausage with hot sausage an...
These were so tasty. I needed a cheeseless appetizer for NYE and this was it. I made as written and it made a great deal. I used Italian turkey sausage. These were spicy and sweet! :) I also o...
We Loved these spicy poppers. Thanks BD Weld for the recipe. I will be making these pretty regularly for apps and parties. I had some parmesan cheese I needed to use up so I sprinkled a tiny bi...
Yum, yum! At first I thought these were too spicy, but the sweetness of the little bell peppers seem to mellow the heat, a bit. I found myself going after another, and another...! This is suc...
All I can say is, I made them for family and friends and now, I can't make enough fast enough. : ) I did pre bake the raw peppers after they were cut in halves. I baked them with the cut sid...
These were tasty little morsels that were addicting. I bet you can't eat just one. If you love sausage, peppers and onions, you will love these.
I thought these were pretty good, but then I put some chipotle tabasco on them, and they were fantastic