Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 413
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Soak pieces of torn bread in the milk in a bowl for 5 minutes. Gently squeeze out milk. Add beaten egg to the soaked bread and mix well.
- Mix garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, Italian herb seasoning, sugar, and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl. Add to bread-egg mixture.
- Place ground beef in a mixing bowl. Add seasoning mixture and onions; mix together with a fork. If mixture is too dry, add up to a tablespoon of milk. Roll into 25 meatballs and arrange on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned and cooked through, about 18 minutes.
- Drain meatballs on a paper towel. Remove grease from the baking sheet. Transfer meatballs back to the baking sheet. Drizzle 1 cup BBQ sauce over meatballs.
- Return sheet to oven and bake 12 more minutes.
- Use a small animal vegetable cutter to make animals out of green, orange, and red peppers. Cut animals out of Colby Jack and mild Cheddar cheese.
- Drain meatballs on a paper towel and add more BBQ sauce if desired. Add cheese animal cut-out and then animal pepper cut-out to the toothpicks. Work quickly to add toothpick to each meatball.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pair with a glass of chilled, organic whole milk.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 24 25.5 23.3 113 1011 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Basing my review on the meatballs alone; I tried them plain and they were great! Love that this recipe uses real bread instead of crumbs.
These meatballs are fantastic! The peppers and cheese made Avery nice addition. I made these for a snack for game day and they were quickly gobbled up. It was just adults, so I used a spicy BBQ ...
Really good meatballs with the perfect amount of spices for me. So many different types of cut-outs can be used or nothing at all! Makes a perfect dinner or cute appetizer. I followed the timing...