Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 399 cals
- Combine the cream cheese and sun-dried tomato pesto in a mini food processor or bowl until well blended. Reserve some of the mixture to seal the pinwheels.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over each tortilla all the way to the edges. Sprinkle the tortillas evenly with the pepperoncinis and basil leaving a 1 1/2-inch edge on one side.
- Place 5 slices of salami over each tortilla leaving a 1 1/2-inch edge on one side.
- Starting with the salami end, roll each tortilla as tightly as you can. When you get to the end, smear some of the leftover cream cheese over the end and seal the sandwich. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When chilled, unwrap and slice rolls into 8 pieces per sandwich. Serve with an ice cold glass of milk!
- Cook's Note:
- Pair with a glass of chilled, organic whole milk.
- You can use any meat that you would like in these sandwiches. You can make these in advance and slice them when you are ready to use them. They will last a couple days in the fridge.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 29.1 g fat; 17.1 g carbohydrates; 20.1 g protein; 92 mg cholesterol; 1796 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
11.6.16 The only change I made was using regular flour tortillas (what I had on hand). These little pinwheels are bursting with flavor, and really do taste like antipasto. Really enjoyed this...
I expected these to be a quick and easy snack. I didn't realize how good they would be! I made half with the pepperoncinis (good call with the glass of milk to cut the heat!) and half with black...
Interesting recipe, I liked making these. My local grocery store was out of fresh basil so I just used a small pinch of dried. I would like to try this adding lettuce, roasted red peppers, or ot...
We LOVED these! I did use regular flour tortillas b/c that's all I had on hand, but that was my only change. The family gobbled these up with a glass of milk to wash it all down. This recipe is ...
Agree with Marianne, that since these may be made ahead, they are great to have on hand for those after-school munchies, and perfect with a glass of milk! Tasty for the grown-ups too, as it is ...
These are very tasty and extremely easy to put together. The best part is that they are to be made ahead of time, thus making it easy to have on hand for either an after-school snack or for a s...