Limoncello Lemon Sorbet (With or Without Mint)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 35 m servings 163
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine 1 cup water, sugar, and fresh mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a light boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon zest. Let syrup cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining 1 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, and limoncello liqueur into syrup.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker; churn according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 15 minutes. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have an ice cream maker: Pour mixture into a small shallow dish and place in the freezer. Stir every 30 to 45 minutes in the first 2 to 3 hours to break up ice chunks; keep frozen until smooth and firm, 4 to 5 hours more.
- You can add more water or limoncello to taste. Please note that changing the liqueur-to-water ratio will alter the freezing properties. Pay close attention to the mixture for the first 2 to 3 hours in the freezer when using less or no liqueur as the mixture will freeze more solidly. If using more liqueur, be wary of adding too much as the mixture won't freeze.
Per Serving: 163 calories; 0 39.9 0.2 0 4 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1