Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 113
- Peel and slice beets as thinly as possible with a sharp knife or mandoline.
- Combine sliced beets, water, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil in a large bowl. Let marinate, at least 10 minutes.
- Arrange beets in a single layer on food dehydrator trays. Sprinkle fleur de sel over beets. Store any beets that don't fit in the refrigerator.
- Dehydrate according to manufacturer's instructions, 8 to 12 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- You could substitute sliced yam or turnip for the beets. The texture will vary, but if sliced thinly enough, almost anything can become a chip.
- If you don't have a food dehydrator, arrange beets on lined baking sheets and bake in the oven on the lowest temperature setting for 3 1/2 hours.
Per Serving: 113 calories; 3.7 17.9 3 0 1466 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These were excellent! I used the bacon salt on half of the batch and loved it. The texture is a little weird and off putting so I think that could use some improvement but other than that I have...
Great base recipe as stated. I have made them with cider vinegar but really love them with balsamic vinegar. I wait to salt them until they are done dehydrating. Just toss them with a tiny amoun...
Do not make the same mistake I did. If not using flake salt, do not add a tablespoon of sea or table salt. It is intensely salty and unfortunately is inedible.
I followed the recipe & enjoyed the result. It will be fun to try different flavours. The Kitchen Aid was great in slicing up the beets & the dehydrator finished them up nicely. I would defin...